Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The 10 worst habits of Filipinos

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Abel

Abel

The 10 worst habits of Filipinos
1. Procrastination or "Mañana Habit" – "Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy." -Wayne Gretzky

We are the worst procrastinators. If there is a Procrastinators' Club, surely 80 – 90% of Filipinos would be members of it. We love to procrastinate. Our most favourite sentence is: "Mamaya na, may time pa naman." The result of delaying is collective – just look where our country is now. It is not only our government that has a role as to what happened to the plight of our country. It is ALL of US. We belong in one team, one country – Team Pilipinas. Whatever we do individually will affect and infect the team as a whole. We have so far delayed our personal growth that we had delayed the progress of our country.How do you feel about our country's situation now? How do you feel about the rate of poverty and malnutrition? How do you feel that your procrastination had somehow caused these all?

2. Crab mentality
I was actually reading the reply of CA2020's detractor to one of the blogs posted by a Core Team in Yahoo Groups. I was saddened as to how he used very strong and condemning words about Create Abundance. He is not even a part of the Core team nor a member in our online community. How could he judge our intentions? This is only one example, we always meet different circumstances where crab mentality is explicit.

I realize that Filipinos are very fond of pulling another's leg down. When someone succeeds, we tend to find fault in him. We criticize, judge, condemn. Typical Pinoy CRAB MENTALITY. We see it everywhere – in politics, entertainment, school, work places, business. Do we realize that crab mentality KILLS?It kills the dreams of a determined person, the new ideas, opportunities, the good relationship, harmony and most especially, peace and love. How would you feel if you'd be pulled down? How would you feel if you're the "crab" pulling somebody else down? Would you feel proud and happy? Or anger and doom?

3. Blaming others
"Responsibility. Responsibility begins with the willingness to experience oneself as cause of the matter, to be the cause of the matter in one's life. A context one chooses to live." – CA2020 Charter

"Wala akong kasalanan, sya yung may sala." (It is not my fault, it's his.) How many times did we hear ourselves saying this? It's not my fault that we are poor. It's not my fault that... We point the gun at somebody else. We always pass the back. If nobody is accountable for ourselves, then who is? It is your life, you have the power over it. Your choices matter, so stop blaming others. You are the result of your choices and decisions, then let's start making conscious ones. Say, "I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul." – Invictus. Are you taking responsibility of your life?

4. Justifying and reasoning
The victim habit! Filipinos tend to have a list-long of reasons. Instead of being aware, accepting and learning from mistakes, Filipinos deny it. The result: we tend to repeat the same mistake over and over again. How often have you heard yourself justifying and reasoning out? How did it make you feel?

5. Hypocrisy
We are the only Catholic Nation in the Far East, but we are the most corrupt. Isn't it ironic? Most of us would say, "I just want a simple life. Money is not that important to me", yet millions of Filipinos are working abroad, to bring a better life to their families in expense of time spent with their families. We pray and go to church everyday or every Sundays, yet most of us are the exact opposite in terms of our being. In what ways do you practice hypocrisy? Does it help you become a better you?

6. Poor Financial Education/ Money Management Habits
Are you familiar with the "One day- millionaire"? Most Filipinos are financially illiterate. Nobody taught us about financial education or better money management habits. Only the rich knows and practice these. Only a few families teach their kids to save up and even fewer families talk about business, investing and cash flow. How would you feel if your children will grow up clueless of financial education? Would you allow it to happen, now that you are given the opportunity to learn? What actions are you taking?

7. Lack of INTEGRITY
Do you remember the "I am sorry" speech? That is the best example I can give for this habit. Without integrity, we are nothing. We talk but we do not walk the talk. We say it without meaning it. We say that we want change in our country but we do not act on it! We would say that we want to take part of the change yet we'd better be in the sidelines – watching. How about you? How much do you practice integrity in your life?

8. Poor Time Management
The infamous Filipino Time! 1 hour – late. So we make up the schedule 1 hour in advance so we can start at the "right time". How we do simple things is how we do great ones. We're just screwing ourselves, aren't we?

9. Looking good – attitude
Do you remember the time that your visitors get to use the new (not-so-often used) plates, utensils, pillows, blankets? I remembered mine. My mom always does that whenever we have visitors. It's not just about being hospitable, it's more of maintaining a good image. "Ayaw nating mapahiya." If it's our image, it shouldn't be compromised! Are you concerned of always "looking good"?

10. Resistance to change --
The most dangerous habit, I'd say. Change is the one and only constant in this world. If we do not adapt to change, we would be totally left behind. I am not saying that we should adapt to every change, rather, we adapt to the changes that will bring prosperity to the common good. It's time to throw the old limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering ones. It's time to change for the better. Are you one with us? Are you ready for the big change?

Now, reflect on these: How many of these worst habits do you have? How do you feel about it? What actions are you doing about these unhealthy habits?

"Character is simply habit long continued.
" - Plutarch

Last edited by Abel on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

2The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 pm

spy_lass4

spy_lass4

Mañana habbit tan aw naq Sir Abel ang usa sa pinakaWORST...cge unya-unya human WALA na....IF u can do it now, NOW na!!!!

3The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:49 am

Abel

Abel

tinuod jud na, unja-unja, usahay mao sad nay akong batasan basta dili kaayo priority nga personal task, pero kong sa trabaho dili ko unja-unja, as long as i can, i try to do it.

4The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:45 am

spy_lass4

spy_lass4

ana ko sauna sa college paq. DEADLINER hantud magcramming kay cge lagi unya na-unya na,ugma na...wala jud paapekto sa saying nga nagkanayon "Do not wait for tomorrow what you can do for today.Pero usahay if naay option hangyo pa jud ug UNYA NA LAng.hehe.. pero sa trabaho dili pwede unya-unya...:-)

5The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:03 pm

QueenBee

QueenBee

hehehe..ako pud usahay deadliner kay mas ma-challenged ta mobuhat..hahaha..

Ako naa ko'y idugang, kabantay lang ko, labi na mga bol-anon ba..sugsogon ko's akong banana..ngano kuno daghan deri HILIG MANGLUWA BISAN ASA? Kabantay bitaw pud ko labi na mga laki..hahaha..lain bitaw pud tan-awon..usahay mag-atang ko'g tricycle unja naa po'y laing mga tawo, naa'y mokalit ra'g pangluwa sa akong tapad, pastilan! ma-shower ran ta'g ahat lagi..

6The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:42 pm

spy_lass4

spy_lass4

bitaw noh? SG bawal jud mangluwa..

7The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Abel

Abel

naa sab koi idugang...kanang inuman nga pasa-pasa ug baso...luod kaayo huna-hunaon pero sa una ok man lang karon naman lang sab ko bati-on ug luod nga daghan na nga Virus nadiscobrehan nga makuha sa puli-puli ug gamit sa usa kabutang.

8The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:02 pm

QueenBee

QueenBee

di naman pud bati-on og luod siguro ni'ng mangahubog na sir..hehehe..

9The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Spicy

Spicy

8. Poor Time Management
The infamous Filipino Time! 1 hour – late. So we make up the schedule 1 hour in advance so we can start at the "right time". How we do simple things is how we do great ones. We're just screwing ourselves, aren't we?

huhuhuhu...murag ako jud perting igoa ani dah!!!
kada adlaw late! asa ka ana!

10The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Empty Re: The 10 worst habits of Filipinos Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 pm

QueenBee

QueenBee

hehehe..ngano man sige man ka-late pud Spicy? mata og sajo!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum